Concentration and Purity
Use spectrophotometrical method to get the concentration and a ratio (OD260/280 ~2.0 and OD260/230 ~1.8-2.2) of each sample (the ratio shows purity of samples).
Before delivery measure diluted RNA fluorometricly.
Use Agilent Technologies 2100 Bioanalyzer (RIN) or equivalent equipment for RNA quality/integrity check.
- mRNA analysis: RIN ≥ 8. If any sample has lower quality score please consult us.
- total RNA analysis: RIN value is not as crucial. RIN>3.
- FFPE RNA analysis: DV200 value < 30% is NOT recommended as RNA is too degraded.
Freeze and thaw samples as few times as possible and work with the RNA on ice to avoid further degradation.
Total RNA amount recommended
Always dilute samples in nuclease-free ultrapure H2O.
Illumina mRNA analysis
Illumina TotalRNA analysis
SMARTer TotalRNA Pico analysis
Should be discussed and
Lower concentrations and volumes can be discussed.
Delivery to CTG
- Order Form and Sample sheet (provided by CTG) have to be filled in and sent to facility by email (CTGservice [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se) together with “QC PDF” (PDF of electropherogram).
- Use Checklist for RNA delivery (provided by CTG).